Monday, May 17, 2021

Completed Dye Session 1

For Dye Session 1 I decided to use Tumeric to dye my fabric starting off with a ratio of 6 cups water and 2 tablespoons of Tumeric. For my first piece of fabric, I let it sit in the dye water for 15 minutes which made a dark, bright orange color. For my second piece of fabric, I let it sit for 10 minutes along with 5 minutes and 1 minute for my third and fourth piece. I noticed that the dying process with Tumeric was very quick and it didn't take long for an orangeish color to appear. I didn't rinse and dip any of the fabrics because I found that the color was appearing quicker than expected. For my Shibori method, I esentially just tied all 4 pieces into a ball together and let them sit in the dye bucket for 5 minutes which left me with a pretty tiedye color! It did turn out a little more white than expected! I am located at The Landing apartment complex so I believe I was using the cities water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Personal Project In progress/completed

  Title: The World of Chaos  Materials: Fabric, Acrylic Paint, Fabric Paint, Canvas Size: Approximately 12x10 I chose to do this painting in...